Monday, October 19, 2009

Fell Down The Steps

Being a teacher in Minnesota definitely has it's advantages! We had 2 days off this past week and it was awesome. Since my parents live in South Dakota, we decided to go for a visit. Baby "D" went down for a nap and I went upstairs to find a fan. She loves the "white noise"! As I was walking back down the wood stairs, in my trouser socks, I slipped. My feet went completely out from underneath me and I landed on the edge of one of the stairs. It was a loud boom and all I could think about was the fact that I hoped I didn't wake up the baby because I couldn't move. Then needless to say, I turned around and saw that I broke the step. I couldn't believe that I had just broke the wood step. I got up and immediately was sore. My dad gave me some ibuprofen and an ice pack. The next morning I was black and blue and today, I am black, blue, green , and yellow. I am so thankful that I wasn't holding the baby! Other than this event, being home was very relaxing and I sure wish we lived closer. Maybe some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment